Friday, October 19, 2007

Life is good

Free pizza day at work
+
Free wing stop tonight with other godly singles care group leaders
=
A very happy Lew


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura just took her last final and did very well
+
Laura will soon have an interview at Johns Hopkins Hospital in the pediatrics department
=
A very happy Laura

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to like reading the Dilbert comic strip and found some amusement from it. Now I LOVE reading the dilbert comic strip and am greatly amused by it as I wonder how the author knows my co-workers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of comic strips, there a new biography on Charles Schultz that sounds very interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't bought the new Shane & Shane CD, buy it now. Without a doubt one of the best CD's that I have heard in a long while. There are so many songs that are just amazing, one of my favorites is "Vision of You"

Come meet us, King Jesus.
Oh wind of change blow through this temple.
Sweet spirit of God, come and mend our hearts.
For all we have are songs. Unless you come.

Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though you're here, God come.
May the vision of You be the death of me.
and even though You've given everything.
Jesus come!

Come free us, King Jesus.
Its the only way that freedom is given.
From you and you alone in the work You've already done.
All we have are songs, unless You come.

Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though you're here, God come.
May the vision of You be the death of me.
and even though You've given everything.
Jesus come!

Here we are, Lord, in this place.
Crying out for Your embrace.
To hear Your voice more than songs.

Awaken what's inside of me.
Tune my heart to all You are in me.
Even though you're here, God come.
May the vision of You be the death of me.
and even though You've given everything.
Jesus come!


Another great song on that CD is Psalm 62. So honest and filled with truth.

He's the only one strong enough to lean my heaviness against.
The weight of all my sin falling on a rock.
Leaning on a fortress.
Oh the wall of God.
He won't move.

On God I rest my salvation.
My fortress shall not be shaken.
My mighty rock and my glorious.
I lay my head upon His chest.

Oh I am calling out.
Oh my soul, oh my stubborn soul.
Won't you wait on Him.
Wait in the guilt. Even in your fear.
Oh your God is here to lean on.
He won't move.

He has spoken. Hear his voice:
"I have come for the broken."
So all ye weary come and rest.

On God I rest my salvation.
My fortress shall not be shaken.
My mighty rock and my glorious.
I lay my head upon His chest.
Why am I telling you all of these lyrics? Just go out and buy the CD now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely more to tell, but why talk about life when you can live it!

No comments: