Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Glory Revealed

Lew and I had the opportunity to go to a concert with some folks from the small group that we lead. It was called "Glory Revealed" and it was so great! The tour was originally started with David Nasser and Mac Powell (from Third Day) because David was writing a book called Glory Revealed and really felt like God put on his heart that he should have a CD to accompany it with music that is mostly just God's word. So Mac Powell started picking artists that he thought would participate and ended up with artists like: Shane and Shane, David Crowder, Micheal W. Smith, Brian Littrell....and more! The concert was so good and the music was great! It was so neat to see all this artists come together and make beautiful music with mostly just scripture as the lyrics.

You can check out samples of the songs here

One of my favorites (which was a really hard one to choose) was based on Psalm 51
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.

It's good stuff, so check it out, and if you register on the website they will let you download one free song and give you a $5.00 coupon for the CD.

2 comments:

SirMax said...

Hi! I was at the Glory Revealed show in VA last night. Great review! I was quite blessed myself! God bless!

~Wendy~

Jess said...

Sounds like a great concert - I hope they come out our way!