Monday, August 30, 2010

Potty update 2

**Warning! For those not interested in a potty update, you may not want to read ahead. This post contains words like poo poo and poopy more than once. :) **

So, for those who are just dying to know how our "potty" venture is going ;) For the record we haven't officially started potty training yet, but because Miya seems to go number 2 at the same time every day I thought why not just put her on the potty and see what happens. I had tried that around 15 months and she definitely didn't seem ready.

We have the little seat you sit on the top of the regular toilet. I thought I'd give it another shot yesterday. Much to our surprise she actually went! She has also been telling me "poo poo" before she goes which definitely helps.

This morning I tried again after breakfast (which seems to be "the time") and after a minute or 2 she started to say "all done! down down!" but she hadn't gone yet. I kept trying to distract her with books and then finally I remembered yesterday she had only wanted her "peek-a-boo" book. So I quickly ran to get it, and as soon as I gave it to her she went. I told Lew it looks like we will have to keep this one near the potty as her reading material :) Amazing how much of a creature of habit she is.

Then when she was done I got her down and stood her up and soon after noticed a puddle at her feet, looks I need to keep her on for another minute or 2. But I told Lew I will gladly clean up pee pee off of the floor over changing a poopy diaper :)

Not sure if we will really begin to more aggressively potty train yet, but for now I am enjoying one less poopy diaper change a day. We'll see if she continues to seem interested.

Still can't get over how big she is getting. Kind of bitter sweet for sure.

No comments: