Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful

I’ve made a resolve, I will no longer to think of Thanksgiving as a day to give thanks, but instead evaluate how I am doing in terms of giving thanks.

you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist
that appears for a little time and then vanishes. (James 4:14)

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, therefore I everyday should be a day that I proclaim thankfulness for the blessings that God has given me. Specifically looking ahead to December 16th when I will make the vow to honor and cherish Laura as long as I shall live I should not presume upon the grace of tomorrow, but instead take advantage of the grace of today to show my gratefulness.

There are a lot of earthly blessings I can be thankful for, but I want the one that is perpetually evident is my thankfulness for Laura being a part of my world. Aside from my salvation God has given me no greater gift. She is the helper suitable for me and strong where I am weak. She is compassionate and eager to give of herself to help others. There are so many reasons that I am thankful for Laura that I know I don’t show it and say it enough.

My goal is to never grow famaliar and always find new ways to encourage her. She truly is fearfully and wonderfully amazed and I am amazed that God has given her to sinner like I to lead and serve for the rest of my days.

Reason #24 for why I am excited to marry Laura:
Relating to her, hearing about her day and knowing what excites her is a pleasure.

No comments: