Sunday, July 08, 2007

This is how faith reasons...

I read this in Morning and Evening and it encouraged me so much! How often I forget these precious truths. This has been a season of "walking by faith, not by sight". And though there have been challenges, God has proven faithful in every step.

I hope this encourages you today to remember how faith reasons...by looking to the promises of God...the faithfulness of God's character...and ways in the past that His strength has carried you!

"Tell me the secret of where your great strength lies!"
--Judges 16:6

Where do we find the secret strength of faith? It lies in the food on which it feeds. Faith is fixed on the promise of God and sees it as an extension of the great heart of God Himself. Faith says, "My God could not have given this promise without love and grace; therefore, it WILL be fulfilled."

Faith thinks more about WHO gave this promise than it does about the promise itself. She remembers that God can not lie; He is all-powerful and unchanging, and on that basis she goes about her business with firm conviction.

Faith also remembers WHY the promise was given, namely, for God's glory. She feels perfectly sure that God's glory is safe; He will never let the luster on His crown become tarnished, so His promise must and will stand.

Faith, then, also considers the amazing work of Christ as being a clear proof of the Father's intention to fulfill His word. "He did not spare even His own SON, but freely gave Him up for us all; therefore, how could He possibly hold back from freely giving us all things?"

Faith also looks back on the past for her battles have strengthened her and her victories have given her courage. Even in times of great need and danger faith says boldly, "To this point God has helped me, and He will help me still."

Faith views each promise in its connection with the Promise-giver, and can say with assurance, "Surely goodness and mercy WILL follow me all the days of my life!"

[M&E]

1 comment:

Jim & Tessa Winn said...

hey laura! I was reading this this morning too! excellent :) thanks for posting it up.