Monday, August 06, 2007

marriage goals : more prayer

“We become fruitful by grace; we persevere by grace; we mature by grace; by grace we grow to love one another more, and by grace we cherish holiness and a deepening knowledge of God…The Savior cannot be glorified in our lives, nor can we be finally glorified, apart from the grace that He provides.” D.A. Carson

I've included a quote above from D.A. Carson on prayer. Prayer is in essence a crying out for more of God's grace. One of my conviction as I've tried to use this time to think about how I can better lead my family is the lack of praying together. There is a promise that where two or more gather together in Christ name He is there. The beauty of marriage is that we have the 1 plus 1 equals 2. Now we just have to take the next step and come together in His name to seek Him and His grace. As I was thinking about that D.A. Carson quote there are marvelous implication for it in relation to prayer. Below is my paraphrase.

“Marriage becomes fruitful by grace; marriage perseveres by grace; marriage matures by grace; by grace we grow to love one another more, and by grace we cherish holiness and a deepening knowledge of God…The Savior cannot be glorified in our marriage, nor can we be finally glorified, apart from the grace that He provides.” D.A. Carson paraphrased by me

No comments: