Sunday, April 12, 2009

2 weeks...and Happy Easter!

I can't believe another week has gone by. It's amazing how much babies change from day to day. I think about this Sunday compared to last Sunday and I feel like we are finally starting to get the hang of things. Miya is doing great with feeding now (praise the Lord!) I have been letting her set her feeding schedule and she has done very well with that. She eats about every 2-3 hours during the day and she goes at least one 4 hour stretch at night. Which is such a blessing. She also has started to have some awake periods during the day which has been oh so fun. I love seeing her eyes open as she looks around in wonder trying to figure out this world she is in. She follows people with her eyes and loves to stare at certain things in the room. It's the sweetest thing to watch because she is perfectly content when she is awake, so we can sit and talk to her or we can lay her under her little play gym and let her play and listen to the music. She also happens to be bit of a night owl and likes to be awake until 1030 or 11. Which is ok with Mommy who happens to be nightowl as well :)
Here are some pictures from this past week...


she was pretty mesmorized by the colors...

reading spurgeon with Daddy

Her first Easter! We dressed her up in one of her sweet dresses, but ended up not going to church. It's still a little too soon and her schedule is still very unpredictable. Plus I would feel more comfortable giving her one more week since her immune system is immature. But we watched a live Easter service online for Mars Hill Church in Seattle :)

I think she likes being dressed up :)

snuggled in Mommy's robe.

snoozing with daddy

little mohawk

Comfy...even though she looks like she is lying upside down!

talking to daddy.

where did my clothes go?

Daddy's little princess she is indeed :)

first nap in her crib.

She LOVES her lamby!

she looks like an angel when she sleeps.

This video is probably just for the grandparents, everyone else might find it boring ;) but she is so wide awake here and it's very sweet, this was actually the most awake I had seen her. She is just looking all around. She also was kicking the rattles over and over again, I think she liked the noise. She played happily here for a good 20 or so minutes.

She also lost her cord today so we were able to give her a real bath! She loved it, and loved the little bath seat Grandma and Grandad Lewis gave her!


Her eyes would get pretty big when we would splash her with the water

drying off...

starting to get sleepy...

So that's the recap for week 2. Tomorrow we have another appointment with the pediatrician. She has to get her 2nd PKU which means getting a heel stick...which breaks Mama's heart. Last Thursday she gained 9 oz in 5 days, and I am wondering how much she will weigh tomorrow. She is surpassing everyones expectations for her wt. gain since she was so tiny at birth. She eats like a champ and my guess is she will be over 7lbs tomorrow. She will be a little chunker in no time :)

1 comment:

Will and Alycia Irish said...

Laura, she is beyond precious!! So cute. =) Can't wait to meet her in person...I'm really sorry I wasn't able to bring you over a meal. Things have been kind of hectic since Will and I made a decision a couple of weeks ago about moving. I'll have to update you soon...praying for you!