Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Kitchen Tips...

Yes...I have stuck with my cooking challenge! I am a little late posting, but better late then never right?

I am excited to post about this one because I actually had success!!
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Rachel's blog

Thai curry chicken and pineapple
1 T red curry paste (I used the Thai brand and it's really spicy)
1 can coconut milk (I used the light kind)
Dried basil to taste
3 T fish sauce
2 T brown sugar
1/3 c chicken stock
1 large can of crushed pineapple
Shredded cooked chicken (I used about 3/4 pound of shredded chicken breast and cooked in a skilled with olive oil and salt and pepper)

In large saucepan simmer coconut milk and curry paste for about 5 minutes. Stir in other ingredients. Allow to simmer until hot and serve over rice (I used jasmin rice which was really yummy!)

This recipe was great!! The flavors all together are really yummy and it's so easy to make.
The only thing to note:
* If you use the light coconut milk you need to add corn starch to thicken the recipe.You can do that by mixing about 2 T of corn starch with about 3/4 cup of water (mix well to make sure there are no lumps). Follow all of the steps above for the recipe, but towards the end turn the heat up a little (Med-high) and allow to bubble a little. Then add the corn starch mixture stirring as you pour. Stir continuously for 2-4 minutes until you see mixture thickening- once it looks thick enough it is done and you'll wanna take it off the heat so it doesn't stick!

And that's all folks, there were no cooking disasters this time-- so I would say if your a goober in the kitchen like me (or even if your not) you would probably like this recipe because it's easy to cook and tastes soooo good!

Until next time...

No comments: