Saturday, April 29, 2006

As The Deer

The love of God never ceases to amaze me. God is after my heart and although my mind has all the right answers, my heart has a mind of its own. My heart and flesh are my biggest enemies as they seek to deceive my mind. Because my battle with sin will never cease until I am in Heaven, God will never truly have my heart, but yet he passionately pursues me one day until I am his.

It isn’t just God vs. my sinful natures. I am not a helpless victim to my sin and the world around me. Instead, I need to wage war with my flesh and beat my body so that I know God more. I can not stand by idle as my heart seeks to destroy me and trust that God will do all the work. No, instead I must fight the good fight and subdue my body. My goal is the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus, my flesh wants to settle for less, but anything less, anything of this world which will not bring me to closer to my Father is a broken cistern and can hold no water. As a deer who is exhausted and dehydrated pants for water, so I thirst for the living God who is water to my parched soul in this desert land.

No comments: