Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Tomorrow night is the staff Christmas party and I am definitely super excited for that. I remember last year we had a private viewing of Narnia right before it came out. This year they are taking us to a private viewing of the Nativity Story. It's neat because it isn't just a gathering people to celebrate Christmas and watch a movie, but a time of fellowship and encouragement.

This is the first job that I've had that Christmas party. None of my jobs in college had Christmas party for the students. The coffeeshop was an interesting place to work. We never had Christmas parties and the boss was Jewish, so I guess it made sense to not have a holidy. The logical disconnect does come with the fact that he did host easter lunches at his house. His wife was a Christian, so that probably had something to do with the easter lunch. In my job at the Youth Opportunity Center the cottage I worked in did not have a Christmas party because morale was so low and no one liked each other.

Even though I loved last year's Christmas party, it was kind of sad because Laura couldn't come with me. Because she is my beautiful bride-to-be (doesn't that sound a lot better then fiance) she gets to join me this year!

Reason #10 why I am excited to marry Laura:
she is who i want to spend the rest of my life with and all of my free time with

No comments: