Saturday, July 08, 2006

Kitchen Tips...

Once again... a smooth kitchen experience!! Yay..2 recipes going smoothly without a catch is a very unusual trend for me, but I'll take it!
So here's the latest:

Fanciful Chicken Salad
(NOTE: the original recipe was from a cookbook and called for some different ingredients, I didn't have some of them at the time so I altered the recipe. The original recipe is really yummy, but I like the altered one even more. So I will include the ingredients I used, but in parenthesis I will show what the original recipe called for.)
Ingredients
2 cups cooked diced chicken
1 cup finely chopped apple with skin (or 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes)
1/4 chopped green onion (or 1/2 cup chopped celery)
3/4 cup dairy sour cream
2 T lemon juice
1 teas. Dijon mustard (or plain yellow mustard)
1 teas. sugar
1/2 teas. salt
Dash of pepper
1/4 cup crushed walnuts (or 1/4 cup slivered almonds)
Directions:
Combine chicken, apple, walnuts, and celery in large bowl. Blend sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and toss lightly to blend. Chill 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. This chicken salad is really good in a wrap or on a salad.

So there it is, and this recipe has now become my favorite chicken salad recipe! It's pretty simple and the sour cream mixed with mustard instead of mayonnaise makes it really tasty ;) It's a great summer recipe.
Enjoy and happy cooking!

No comments: