Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Heaven

17"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth,and the
former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. 18But
be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create;for behold,
I create Jerusalem to be a joy, and her people to be a
gladness. 19I will rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in my
people;no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and
the cry of distress. (Isaiah 65:17-19)


I was reading this passage this morning in my quiet time and I was refreshed with a wonder of what Heaven will be like. Verse 17 in the passage above states that in the new heavens and new earth the things of this world will not be remembered or come into mind. It's like saying that our greatest times and happiest memories can not come close to competing to what God has in store for us in paradise. In paradise there will be no more weeping, but a never ending joy and gladness.

Laura and I have been reading "The Heart of the Cross," and one of the things that the author makes clear is that what makes paradise truly paradise is the fact that we will be with the risen lamb who has redeemed of us our sins. Paradise isn't paradise because of the new heavens and the new earth, but it's being in the radiating light of the source of our joy, basking in the glory of Him who sits on the throne forever and ever. Finally being united with the King who is worthy and whom the angels proclaim "holy, holy, holy," because He is to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing.

Weddings are a time of great joy and and only a minor reflection of how glorious our union will be when we are completely conformed to image of the one that knows us the most intimately. I remember getting ready for my own wedding and how God had created me for Laura and bound our hearts together. More importantly then that, God created me for Him. He has sealed taken my heart and sealed it by His Holy Spirit to give me the hope dwelling with Him eternally in His kingdom.

Totally unrelated: If you check out the sidebar, I've added some songs from revoLEWtion. A lot of times when people talk about my debut CD the songs that everyone love are "Oh Yeah Buddy," and "Two-Ply, Two-Ply." If it was up to me, the songs that would get more attention are some of my instrumental songs like my arrangement of "Refiners Fire," and "ballad in C"

No comments: