Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lunch with the Ellis'

Yesterday we were able to have lunch with Sam, Priscila, and Gianna. It was so much fun to catch up with them and see how little Gianna is growing up ;) Here are a few pics of her in her little chair:


Doesn't she look so happy!


She has Priscila's eyes...and Sam's mouth ;)


In this picture I couldn't get her to look at the camera because she was gazing lovingly at Sam ;)

It was so cute to watch her bounce in this thing because she was on her tippy toes so she looked like a little ballerina, so cute!

I made this walnut apple pizza for lunch (compliments of BHG) and we all enjoyed it so I thought I'd pass it on... enjoy!

Walnut Apple Pizza
1/2 package of active dry yeast (1 1/4 tsp.)
3/4 C warm water (not too hot!)
1 C all purpose flour
2/3 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
3/4 cup blue cheese (3 oz.)
1 large tart apple (I used granny smith) cored and sliced thinly (about 1 1/3 cups)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz.)
1 1/2 tsp. snipped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tsp. dried)

*I used my kitchen aid mixer to mix and knead the bread....but I am going to include the regular directions and you can adapt to a mixer if you'd like*

Directions: Stir yeast into warm water, let stand 5 min. to dissolve. In large mixing bowl add regular flour, whole what flour, sugar, salt. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add yeast mixture and oil. Stir until combined. Turn onto floured surface, knead gently 20 times. Place dough in greased bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled (45 min.). Punch down. Preheat oven 450. Grease pizza pan. Roll out dough to about 13". Build up edges slightly, Bake crust 10 min or until begins to brown slightly. Remove from oven, sprinkle with blue cheese. Add apple slices and sprinkle with Monterey Jack, walnuts, and rosemary. Bake 10 more minutes more until edges are lightly browned.

*To use a pizza stone (this is what I used and the nice thing about it is it makes the crust crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside) preheat stone for 15 minutes in oven. Then put dough on stone and add ingredients. Then cook pizza in oven about 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted well and dough is slightly browned.*

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What great pics of Gianna! And the pizza looks yummy too... although Jer doesn't like bluc cheese so I'll have to make it for myself when he's at work. ;o)

Prellis said...

I love the pictures and I loved the meal. Thanks for posting the recipe! We look forward to hanging out some more.