Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowy Days!

We have had quite the snow filled week! It has been interesting having the first big snow with the Hendricks family being gone...we have had to fend for ourselves in this nasty weather. The snow started yesterday morning and lasted into the night then turned into sleet and it still was sleeting this morning. Then when we woke up we had no power. Apparently thats common out here in the "country". So we were able to get a fire started with the help of a neighbor which kept us warm most of the morning. Then we set up some of the generators for the refrigerators so we could keep the food from going bad. Finally around 11 the power went back on...Yay! So to celebrate we went sledding, so much fun ;)



This was Lew yesterday morning leaving for work when the snow was just beginning to stick.


Getting ready to go down the hill...


Weeeeeeee!


Lew's turn....



Good times ;)

We only lasted about an hour outside because it was so cold and my clothes were all wet...no fun. I don't know how I ever made it as a kid when I would play in the snow for hours, but it was fun to go sledding. I think its been like 8 or 9 years since I last did that. Now the plan is to do some cleaning...laundry...and then make dinner for my Valentine ;)

Happy Snowy Valentines Day!

No comments: