Thursday, February 08, 2007

You Alone

This morning I was reading Isaiah 60 about God being my glory and that has continually been one of those things that God has had to remind me of. It is so easy for me to glory in other things and look to other places for my hope and worth. When I come to the cross I realize that my success, attitude and any blessings I will receive is not about what I do, but it is all about what God did on the cross. That led me to write this meditation about God's desire to bless me with who He is and what He has done for me and how my heart should respond.


Creator of the heavens and earth,
Eternal One from everlasting to everlasting,
Of infinite value and majestic in holiness,
You alone are my hope and glory.

I was blind and you became my light.
I was lost and you found me.
I was weak and you became my strength.
I was lost and you gave me life.

At Your right hand are pleasures forever more.
My soul is filled with abundance in You.
Kneeling before Your cross
I find joy and peace that know no end.

Calling You Father brings more security then any worldly stronghold.
Gaining You as my reward has greater worth then any monetary value.
Being in Your army is more prestigious then any secular position.

Aside from You I have nothing,
My life is for Your glory,
My words are for Your praise,
You alone are my portion and resting place.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thank you for your faithful pursuit after God..you inspire me! It's so good to see you writing again ;) (I love you!!)