Friday, September 07, 2007

Giving honor where honor is due

I am away at Deep Creek Lake right now and I just wanted to take a brief moment to give thanks for the amazing gift that God has given me in Laura.

Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies (Proverbs 31:10).

Laura made a tremendous sacrifice that serves myself and the single's ministry of our church, by letting me go away for the weekend for a time of fellowship and planning. I cannot say thanks enough for her willingness to release me for this.

Other ways that Laura's worth is far above rubies is by the way she worked with one of the pastor's to honor me and get me a commentary set on the four gospels. Laura is also a wise steward of her time and has spent this weekend serving our care group ladies as well as her family.

I truly do have an excellent wife who is an example of God's grace and goodness to me!

1 comment:

Mrs. Ellis said...

Amen !!! Lew I agree wholeheartedly! She is truely a precious gem in God's hand to us all!